Event Date: May 5-26, 2020
Join us for a series of webinars focused on addressing the considerations and concerns schools should take into account in light of COVID-19. With a unique dual perspective spanning both health care and risk management recommendations, this series aims to answer your questions and supply you with best practices as you handle the effects of COVID-19.
Session #1: Health Care and Risk Management Best Practices for Schools
The end of the school year looks a bit different this year, and many regular processes and traditions will need to be adjusted to fit current protocols. Listen in for guidance from a health care provider and leading risk managers on keeping your students, staff, and facility safe before the start of summer.
- Response to employee or student diagnosis of COVID-19 while school is in session
- Best practices for returning personal belongings, alternative graduation ceremonies, and disinfecting your facility
Date & Time: May 5, 2020, 8:00-9:00 am
Session #2: Staying Well While Staying Home: Wellness and Mental Health Resources for Employees and the Community
Working and learning from home is outside of the norm for many who are used to a face-to-face environment. This session provides you with quick resources and recommendations for supporting the wellness and mental health of students and staff throughout the pandemic.
- Wellness resources for staff and students in a work from home environment
- Mental health resources available to employees and the public
Date & Time: May 12, 2020, 8:00-9:00 am
Session #3: Managing Compliance as a School District: FFCRA, Unemployment, Retirement Plans, and more
Many pieces of legislation have been passed since the COVID-19 pandemic began, and each has special implications for school districts. Join key compliance advisors from M3 and Strang, Patteson, Renning, Lewis and Lacy for information that can help you make the right decisions for your school.
- Unemployment considerations for schools
- FFCRA (leave form, FICA tax relief)
- Flexible Spending Account / Dependent Care Account Impacts
- 403b plan document extension
Date & Time: May 19, 2020, 8:00-9:00 am
Session #4: Looking Forward: COVID-19 Implications for Employee Benefits and Property Insurance
The COVID-19 pandemic will have an impact on nearly every aspect of our society. In this session, we’ll address the trends as we see them for employee benefits and property insurance, and prepare you for what’s ahead.
- Increase in use of telehealth and virtual care options
- Impact of COVID-19 on hospital and healthcare systems
- Impact of situation on financials / short and long term expectations of plan performance
- Potential impacts to the property and casualty insurance market
Date & Time: May 26, 2020, 8:00-9:00 am