Event Date: June 14 - July 25, 2017
Plan to attend one, some or all sessions of our annual benefits compliance refresher series. This six-part webinar series focuses on the basics and covers essential compliance information you need to know. We’ll also share the resources M3 has available for your use when administering employee benefits plans related to:
Session One: Administering FMLA – June 14, 2017
Anyone who has spent time administering the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) knows the challenges that the law can create. This webinar will provide basic FMLA compliance information – essential for solid FMLA administration. Key Topics Include:
- Basic Overview of FMLA Law
- Interaction of Federal and Wisconsin Leave Laws
- Employer Notice Requirements
- Effective Health Care Certifications
Session Two: COBRA Essentials – June 21, 2017
Strengthening your COBRA compliance procedures makes good business sense and protects your organization from unnecessary risks. Join us for a webinar designed to answer all your basic COBRA questions. This session will answer questions like:
- What are COBRA’s requirements and to whom do they apply?
- What forms, documentation requirements and timelines do I need to know about?
- What common compliance traps should my company be on the lookout for?
Attendees will gain valuable guidance and strategies for developing their internal COBRA administration procedures.
Session Three: What You Need to Know about HIPAA – June 27, 2017
There is a lot more to HIPAA than knowing the definition of Protected Health Information (PHI). This session will provide a comprehensive look at the two basic components of HIPAA law: Portability and Administrative Simplification (Privacy and Security). We will also provide an overview of how HIPAA Privacy and Security applies to group health plans.
This session is ideal for those professionals who are new to HIPAA or need a refresher on the basics.
Session Four: Section 125 Cafeteria Plan Requirements – July 12, 2017
Many employers allow employees to pay for benefits on a pre-tax basis and do not realize that such action means the employer sponsors a Section 125 Cafeteria Plan. There are many rules and requirements employers should be aware of when sponsoring a cafeteria plan. Key Topics Include:
- Overview of Section 125 requirements, including the written plan document requirements
- Qualifying events
- Non-discrimination testing
Session Five: ERISA Basics – July 19, 2017
Employer sponsors of employee welfare benefits plans must comply with many complex and sometimes confusing ERISA requirements. Join us for a webinar to discuss basic ERISA requirements as they apply to your welfare benefit plans and to ensure compliance. Key Topics Include:
- Welfare Benefit Plans: What Plans are subject to ERISA
- Basic ERISA rules
- Summary Plan Descriptions
- Reporting Requirements
Session Six: Wellness Program Compliance – July 25, 2017
Compliance obligations surrounding wellness programs can be overwhelming. Wellness programs are often governed by three federal laws – HIPAA, the ADA and GINA. Join us for a webinar designed to help employers understand if their wellness program is compliant. Key Topics Include:
- HIPAA’s rules governing wellness programs
- Explain how wellness programs that include biometric screenings and/or health risk assessments (HRA) must design their programs to comply with the ADA and GINA.
- Common wellness program strategies that are not only compliant, but encourage employee engagement
Who should attend?
- HR Personnel
- Benefit Personnel
- Payroll Personnel
Session: 9:30 – 10:30 am
Q&A: 10:30 – 11:00 am
Karen J.W. Breitnauer, J.D., Senior Compliance Attorney, M3 Insurance
Renee Kuhs, J.D., Senior Compliance Attorney, M3 Insurance
Tyler Stuntebeck, Wellness Consultant, M3 InsuranceRegister Today