The conversation around COVID-19 has recently evolved to include considerations and best practices for re-opening businesses to employees and customers. As society weighs its options and prepares to put policies and procedures into place that reflect the new world we’re living in, it’s important to be aware of how your actions as an employer can affect your staff, your customers, and your community.
Through a four-part recorded webinar series, M3 Insurance and MRA partner to cover four main pillars for re-opening your business:
- Change Management
(View ‘Lead Yourself and Others through Change‘, released 4/28)
(View ‘Creating an Employee Communication Plan to Inform and Engage’, released 4/30)
- Team Re-Engagement
In the recording linked below, Chris Halverson, M3’s Risk Management Sales Director and Director of Disaster Response & Recovery, walks through best practices that you should keep in mind and resources that you can utilize as you prepare to re-open your place of business.
Tune into the recording below to gain insight into:
- Considerations for facility and employee safety
- Compliance with CDC, OSHA, and DHS
- Testing strategies available to your organization
- Regulatory and workers’ compensation implications
Recording Length: 45 Minutes
- M3 Resources aligned to this recording are posted under the “Facility & Workplace Safety” heading on M3’s Return-To-Work Toolkit.
- The Transformation of Workspaces Post COVID-19 – MRA
- Employees Wearing Facial Coverings or Masks in the Workplace During COVID-19 Pandemic – MRA